Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Week 14 PLE Post-- Internet Safety Assignment

1.What article did you choose to read for your article of choice?
I chose the article "Let Our Voices Be Heard" by Elder M. Russell Ballard.

2.Describe the video resources you watched?
The video resources I watched were the ones we watched in class.

3.Write a paragraph describing what your most important "take-aways" were from the readings and video?
I was so blown away by the shocking statistics that we saw in the videos and how easily children can be preyed on through the internet. We have to keep such close tabs on what our students and children are doing on the computer in order to protect them. I loved the idea of checking in with them on a regular basis and having a "so, what are you working on?" chat with them. In the article by Elder Ballard, I really liked what he said about Satan attacking the family and that technology can be a major means of doing that.

4.Write a paragraph or more describing the details of your "doing" experience (you don't need to include any names). This might include:

i.what did the person already know about the topic
Yes, the person was very familiar.

ii.what was the person's reaction to what you shared
They were well aware of the dangers and told me about the precautions she takes with her children

iii.what surprised you about the person's reaction to your message
How well informed she was and the problems she'd had in her own family with the detrimental effects of the internet.

iv.what do you think the person will do with what you have shared
I think it was a good reminder of what she already knew and put her back on the look out.

No comments:

Post a Comment