Sunday, March 14, 2010

Week 7 PLE Post

i.What is the role of technology in creating dynamic experiences for your students?
I am working in a special education classroom and they are very good at using technology and I have watched the kids learn so much more through using things like smart boards and computer programs. It helps them to find a new excitment for the material and how they are learning it.

ii.What are some ways that technology might actually detract from student learning?
Also, in this same classroom, I have seen technology become a distraction because sometimes the students will get on their computers and mess around instead of doing their work. This can be frustrating for the teacher.

iii.What are three examples of effective technology use that you have used or experienced?
1. I have been using a smart board and I LOVE it! They are so wonderful and can make learning and teaching a seamless wonderful experience and getting the kids involved with it helps them learn technology along with the material.
2. I have been using the Smart Pen at work that records the lecture while your write notes and it is so cool and very helpful for people with disabilities.
3. Another technology I have used in the classroom is a math program my kids use on their computers and it is so great to watch them learn math and it enables the teacher to go around and help students individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment