Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 2 PLE Post

What activities might I use tokbox for as a teacher?
What was the most interesting thing I learned in class tonight?

Today, I got tokbox set up and this technology would be really useful in a teaching environment. As I was thinking about my past experiences with people that have special needs, I thought of a time when I got to observe a specialist doing therapy with children that have Austism. They did several activities that parents could do with their children if they had a way to watch them later. Tokbox would be a fast and very simple way to send a recording to parents of their child's progression and provide them with ways to continue to help their child learn.

The most interesting thing I learned tonight was about all the free programs available online that would benefit teachers in a learning environment. Applying these to learning activities helped me think outside the box of a normal lesson plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment